An Introduction to the Company
Finlay Guy Limited was incorporated on 1st November 1993 following a management buy in by the current Managing Director Roddy Tulloch.
The previous partnership was formed during the early thirties by the Guy family who were engaged in the road transport industry in East Lothian. During 1948, when all transport companies were nationalised, the business was incorporated under the umbrella of the British Road Services.
During 1951 James Finlay Guy started a coal merchants business which also helped to deliver agricultural produce and requisites around the Lothian Area. Finlay Guy joined his father during 1957 and became responsible for the management of the business during 1964. Over the years the partnership expanded and Finlay Guy was joined by his wife, Margaret and his daughter Elaine.
The company expended from 4 vehicles operated in 1964 to 24 vehicles and 30 trailers operated at 31 October 1994. During the next few years the business focus changed to long and short term rental of light commercial vehicles and cars.
The company bought over a van rental business in Stirling on 1 August 1994 and presently operates 600 vans and 200 cars between the Company’s branches in Stirling and Haddington.
After completely withdrawing from it’s road haulage activities the business changed it’s name to The Car And Van Rental Co on 1st October 1999
For more information email firstname.lastname@example.org